We have had overwhelmingly positive feedback from the public regarding our combined work to help people in the community at this challenging time.
Residents and children have been surprising their bin collectors with heartfelt messages of praise, good wishes and colourful drawings to thank them for being "true heroes" in the face of COVID-19.
A series of kind gestures from the Harborough community was furthered by local charity, HAB-Antibulling (HAB), a charity working with adults and children affected by bullying. The charity usually operates an annual raffle of Easter eggs an event that did not go ahead this year due to COVID-19.
Instead, the charity kindly donated the eggs to FCC Environment employees to thank them for their continued service throughout the COVID-19 crisis. In return, FCC Environment donated an amazing £237.63 from raffling off the eggs at their depot.
We have also been sharing feedback from the community on social media.
Some examples can be found below:
- One resident said: "Thank you very much for delivering the Green Bin this morning. I really appreciate all the work you and the Environment staff are doing. I will be clapping for all of you as well on Thursday evening"
- A resident said of the Housing Team: ""I'd like to say a big thank you for guiding me in the right direction to what I needed. I really cannot thank you enough for letting me see a light at the end of the tunnel. I'll be forever grateful."
- One resident said: "I just want to say a huge thank you to Harborough District Council & all the volunteers involved for supplying our food box this morning. It brought us to tears."
- A resident said: "Just wanted to thank you and your team for all your help. It was amazing; the [food] parcel I received cheered me up."
- Another resident said: "Please pass on a very big thank you to the refuse bin heroes who have once again promptly & energetically emptied the bins in Houghton on the Hill today. Stars every one!"