We may be living in a time of international crisis, but the local and UK-wide response to the current coronavirus crisis has been fantastic and involved everyone from those key workers delivering frontline health care, to volunteers who have stepped up when it mattered, plus those who are staying in and maintaining social distance to prevent the spread of the Covid19 disease.
It is great to see everyone doing their bit to tackle this unprecedented health issue as part of a huge combined effort.
The Council is also playing a key role in helping support the vulnerable
and continuing to deliver our services
. This has included redeploying staff to help with critical services and to support the community.
Our dedicated web page
- is helping keep everyone up to date with the latest news, advice and information during this fast-moving and rapidly-changing situation.
This web page includes up-to-date information about which Council services
are affected, as well as health information
, useful web links, and information for businesses
Our Community Hub
has a key focus on targeting and assisting the most vulnerable
and can be accessed via this page or directly at www.harborough.gov.uk/hd-community-hub
People who are vulnerable and do not have a local support network can contact Harborough District Council and fill in an online form if they:
- need supplies of food and essentials
- are feeling lonely or would like a friendly phone call or text message
- would like to connect with a local community group
- need transport to medical appointments
- would like advice about staying active and exercising
People can also volunteer
, via this page, to help support their local community.
If you have internet access we encourage you to use the online form. If you cannot use the online form please email email@example.com
or call 01858 821 232 from 9am-5pm.
Inevitably some Council services and events have been affected as we consolidate our efforts to respond to the current challenges. To this effect, and in line with Government health advice; we have:
- Closed our face-to-face customer services
- Suspended parking charges at all Council-run car parks in the district
- Closed all our plays areas
- Postponed events such as the VE Day 75 celebrations, Classic Car Show and other events
- Suspended all Active Harborough District sport and physical activity sessions
- Cancelled Farmers' markets on The Square in Market Harborough
- Closed all Council-run public toilets
We are currently continuing to accept and consider planning applications
We would urge you to continue to follow Government health advice
to Stay at home, protect the NHS, and save lives
Please keep viewing www.harborough.gov.uk/coronavirus
for the latest updates, and listen to updates on Harborough FM (tune in to radio frequency 102.3 MHz) and BBC Radio Leicester.