More than ever, young people need all the support and inspiration they can get to help them succeed. With education disrupted and a blended approach to learning the new normal, it can be hard to see a clear pathway towards a future career.
That is why this summer, the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership is embarking on an ambitious campaign to recruit over twenty new volunteer Enterprise Advisers (EAs).
EAs are matched with a local secondary school or college's leadership team, and work strategically to bridge the gap between the world of work and careers education.
The Enterprise Adviser programme:
- increases engagement young people have with the world of work
- helps students raise their career aspirations
- provides an employer's perspective on industry and current recruitment practices
- raises the profile on lesser-known sectors in the region
- supports schools/colleges to embed labour market information into the classroom
Becoming an EA is the perfect way to make a positive difference and give back to the local community.
You don't need to be an education expert, so if you are interested in becoming an EA, sign up for our information session on Wednesday 11th August, 12-1pm to find out more!